
Dear Family,
I have experienced a very interesting summer! The sad thing is that it has come to an end all too fast! As I have mentioned before Louise and I have been spending a lot of time over in Afton, Wyoming working on restoring the house she grew up in. While we have been doing that others have been building a "barn" (actually it looks like a barn but it has a nice apartment in it and lots of space for reunions, museum displays, etc.) in the lot just to the south of the house. The fun part about it all is the good time we have had getting to know her brothers and sisters better as they have worked right along side of us. It's been a goreous summer! We had moisture late into the spring and things this year really haven't gotten too brown or dry. Even now, especially in the mountains surrounding us, the leaves have turned color and they are beautiful! I suppose this week will about be the end of the color though as snow is supposed to make it's debut on Wednesday.
I've had another somewhat unusual experience this past month. I have gone back to work on a temporary basis for the Forest Service. They have several projects going and too few people to administer the contracts. So they made me a reasonably good offer. I'm only going to work until the end of October. There has already been talk about more work next year. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes and if it actually materializes. I really actually enjoy the work! They furnished me with a vehicle, a Ford Expedition, which only had 13K miles on it. In the month I've been using it I've had three flat tires!.... the third one just today (Sept. 28th). It's obvious that the tires they come with aren't made for the back woods.
We enjoyed our visit with Bev and Roy a few weeks back when they stopped by on their way home from Orem. We need to see each other once in awhile just to remember what we look like. There are some of you I probably wouldn't recognize if I passed you on the street.
Life has been good to us. We are pretty healthy and still able to do most things that come our way. We do know we are getting older, not necessarily because we feel that way but because we look that way. And also, having two grandsons serving missions and a grandson, Sam Feil, and granddaughter, Britta Syddall, attending BYU. Makes us know time is marching on! Both Jill and Tina and their husbands and some family came just last weekend to Provo because of special activities being held for parents, and they attended the BYU-CSU football game. They had invited us to the game but we don't like the traffic to and from such occasions so we didn't go. We did go down to Provo on Sunday because Sam was ordained an Elder. It gave us a chance to see everybody and also to see where Sam and Britta live. They are both at Y-View and even in the same ward! Simply coincidence!
Our grandson, Josh, is down to 10 months left for his mission. He learned Ukranian for his mission but has since been transferred to Kiev and has had to learn Russian, which is somewhat different. Our grandson, Taylor, has about 11 months to go and is enjoying the work in Mexico City.
I love each of you and hope life for you is what you want it to be.
Kent
No comments:
Post a Comment