Sept 21, 2009
Dear Family,
It has been awhile since I have written. This summer has gone and I can’t remember a summer I have enjoyed more. Many days were spent in beautiful Star Valley, without a TV, telephone, newspaper or radio. It was great! We got up around 5:00 a.m. and worked until dark—8:00 or 9:00 p.m. My sister, Jennie, who has worked at Rick College for years planning and preparing their banquets, has been our cook. Each meal represented what you might see on the “Taste of Home” magazine cover. She bought the groceries and planned and cooked the meals. We certainly felt well taken care of. We would be so tired by bedtime we would fall into bed and sleep wonderfully well during those cool summer evenings. By morning we were refreshed and could start over again. We both got a bit healthier and a bit less stressed. It took me back to the way many summer days were spent when I was growing up. (We didn’t eat quite that well!)
The main part of the house is mostly restored. We plan to go up this coming weekend to put the laminate floor in. The carpet will hopefully go in next week and then we will be moving museum items up the next week. Our goal has been to get the project this far by the end of summer. We will have the winter to gather needed cases and make plans for the display of museum items. If anyone is interested in seeing more of our project go to callmusuem.blogspot.com.
We enjoyed Roy and Bev’s visit on Sept. 13th. We have been doing a little canning and have started cleaning up our yard for fall. We have enjoyed the produce from the garden this year especially the tomatoes, zucchinis and cucumbers..
I hope everyone is doing well.
Love, Louise
Celebrating Christmas.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment