Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring in Salt Lake

Last Saturday we had the kids out on the swing set and spent enough time outside that I started to worry about getting some sunscreen on--the next day, Sunday, by 9 AM we were facing sideways snow and had a couple inches of accumulation by noon. Since then we've had sun, we've had clouds, and of course... we've had wind. Tonight (Thursday) I took Christian and Larkin out to fly a kite. The wind was almost more than the kite could handle. Christian promptly decided it was too cold, and as soon as I handed the kite string to Larkin she let it go... leading to a comical scene where a grown man chases a kite across a busy street, and just as he gets to it the kite flies a few more feet... and a few more feet... needless to say, after retrieving the kite I tied it directly on to Larkin's wrist. This worked significantly better. At the park we found a pinwheel, and Christian and Larkin lost all interest in the kite and decided that the pinwheel was their new toy of choice. Spring in Utah...where you can enjoy all four seasons in the same week!

--Matt


No comments: