Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carol's Family Letter

Dear Family,

Well....I got a good start on this letter back on Sept. 27th....then had several pretty important interuptions....so it is now October 6th, and I will start again! I just finished reading all the letters so far and have enjoyed them immensely!

I will now try to catch you up on the Greg - Clark - Carol household! (thank you Kent, for getting this on the Blog. My computer is old and extremely tempermental and 'wo is me if I should hold a key down a little too long ...or type too fast... or maybe stop long enough to feverishly think what my next comment is going to be!' Then a little message jumps to the screen..we are experiencing some difficulty and you will have to log out!...Anyway .....the minute I see Santa in one of the Provo stores I'll be on his lap asking him for a new computer!!

It's been a very busy few months for Clark. He has taken some very time-consuming classes at UVU..plus trying to get enough work hours in at his work..(he works for the "Monticello Apts. and does a multitude of maintenance things. Painting, calking, doing minor plumbing ... electrical...etc repairs....pool cleaning...landscaping...it's a very big complex and something always needs to be done. He says he is learning 'Tons'......Every month or so he helps with 'Inspections' of the outgoing student/tenants. He quite enjoys most of the 'jobs' maybe with the unplugging of the toilets being on the bottom of his list!!

His church calling is also quite time consuming. He's in charge of FHE in his student ward. He has an assitant and can always call on more to help. He has to get a teacher or speaker for almost every week.(a member of the Bishopric speaks once a month)...Then once in awhile he plans a big activity that takes up the whole evening. He really seems to enjoy it.

Greg went on his annual "Wind Rivers fishing trip to Wyoming in the early part of Sept. He always enjoys that so much, but they decided they wouldn't go in September again. That rugged Wyoming Mountain range gets too cold and wet! They still enjoyed catching those golden trout and hiking those beautiful mountains though!

Jasons Spamalot tour is just about finished. He's hoping to take a fer weeks off before doing another one. He has had some contacts of tours coming up. There has never been a time that opportunities weren't there! It will be exciting to see what he'll be doing next. I will be glad when he finds a good place that he loves and will make it his home and refuge...but he hasn't seemed to have found it yet! He is such a good man and is known and loved by many.....especially by his family!! We thoroughly enjoy his visits!

Summer sure flew by for me. Almost all of July and August I spent in Calif.....going back and forth from Livermore (North) to Redlands (South). It was exciting to meet my grandson Elder John Goldsberry at the Oakland Airport as he returned from his Mexico/Tiajuana mission. He looked SO good and his homecoming talk was very special. After spending an enjoyable week there in Livermore I went down to Redlands and spent alot of time with my sister, Colleen..It was especially nice as Jason was staying there while his musical tour Spamalot was performing in L.A. Then Clark drove down to Redlands after his summer quarter and he and I stayed awhile longer then back to Livermore and Lake Tahoe for a little family reunion. We thoroughly enjoyed all the delicious meals and fun games they had all put together...but we missed Mark & Joy and Brian & Cristys families. They couldn't make it. Joy had so much on her plate this summer...spending time between Utah & Colorado as her dad suffered with terminal cancer. Then he passed away and they had to help with all the arrangements and details. He was surely a good man and will be missed by many.

By the time the Reunion was being planned Brian had no Vacation time left ...so they were unable to attend. We really missed them. Both of those Utah families are such an important part of our family!!

Thank you all for being a part of our family! How nice it would be if we all lived close enough that we were 'just a thought a way'...(isn't that what it's supposed to be like in heaven? ) Speaking of heaven...wasn't conference wonderful? How marvelous it is to invite our dear prophet and his apostles into our homes....and there they are!! I had a few prayers answered in some of those talks!! Hope you all did, too! I love you so much!!.......Carol.....

No comments: