May 31, 2009
We have enjoyed reading the Goldsberry blog and seeing the pictures and learning about the happenings in the family..but we have been a little hesitant to try this new (for us) blog technology. But today our granddaughter, Brianna, came over and helped me to get started. I hope, now that she has gone home, I can remember how to do it.. I will give it a try.Roy and I are doing well. We made it through the whole Winter without getting any of the sicknesses that were going on all around us...not even a cold.. It was amazing to us because it wasn't because we weren't exposed to them. We were around family and friends who had flu, sore throats and colds....and we escaped!!! I haven't dared brag about it until now....and that's because Summer is here!! Hurrah!....and yesterday we planted the last seed in the vegetable garden...and the last flower in the flower bed. Now we want to just sit back; put our feet up and watch things GROW. The only problem with that is the weeds grow much faster than the good stuff!! Oh, well, its worth it!!During the Winter months Roy was busy building and creating a beautiful buffetfor our dining room. He finished it for Valentine's day. He actually started with an antique buffet he bought in Brigham City some years ago. He then built a top for it, adding shelves, mirrors, doors and hand-carved trim. He does outstanding work!Our Wise Family Reunion was held in April this year. (It is usually in July.) But we all wanted to be together when our grandson, Teagen, returned from his mission in South Africa. And that was in April....so the family came. What a wonderful experience to welcome home a worthy, young missionary. And how we enjoyed all being in Sacrament Meeting and hearing him speak!!! I'll have to admit I felt very proud (righteous pride) as I listened to him talk on the subject of “Here am I..send me. Teagen is a very good example to all of us.May is a big birthday month in our family. I always remember with tender memories my Mother on the 14th, And we also have eight others to celebrate. On Thursday evening we attended a dinner and party for three-year-old Erik. He was pretty excited about the cake and presents. He is growing up so fast. Today he said that grandpa is a king and grandma is a queen. Sounds pretty good to me!Well, I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying their life's journey.
Love, Bev and Roy
P.S. I'm enclosing a picture of my Grandmother Goldsberry's peony. This is one of my prize possessions. I remember many of these flowers in her yard in Paradise, Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment